Zraqu Cirta Application

Do you have a vouch?
Yes+
No

Do you have a T2 siege dread alt with JDCV?
Yes
No-

Do you have a dictor alt? (Can be same account as dread alt etc)
Yes+
No

Do you have Logi 5?
Yes+
No

If you answered NO to any of the above, please refrain from applying unless you were explicitly told to do so anyway by a director.

Spoken to Jarack & Ithica Hawk

Currently have my alt who can also fly a carrier (was used for ratting and spare combat carrier) train into a T2 Reve which is the prio. He is currently training Cyno V so I can also use him to hunt for BLOPS but this can / will be pushed back to focus on dread.

Link your zkillboard and the zkillboard of all characters you are applying to corp with (do not need every single alt that you own only ones joining the main alliance)

https://zkillboard.com/character/92299623/

Why do you want to join?

Returned from a long break from the game, knew several folks in VOLTA historically (some that came over from Ehefkae / Overload This) and they always spoke highly of the group. Spent most of my time in WH space but upon returning and having spent some time in WH space, it’s not what it used to be so wanting to diversfy into more capital focused null warfare.

Also, turns out I’d known Ithica irl (small world, we played for the same flag football team) and he mentioned his time in VOLTA and peaked my interest.

What Timezone are you? (EU, US, AU)

EU (UK Based)

Who is your vouch?

Ithica Hawk

Tell us anything about yourself irl that you find appropriate (e.g. work full time, in late 20s, university student, etc)

Work full time, 90% WFH. Turned 30 last year, and currently in the process of relocating back to my hometown.

Tell us about your history in Eve

Varied history across WH and Nullsec. Main playtime was spent in C6 space (and then C5 after the “death” of C6 space) with NOHO and then TDSIN mainly after NOHO disbanded. Every so often would get the itch for Nullsec space (as I really enjoyed both, but the oldschool T3 / capital brawls of old high class WH always drew me back).

Learnt to FC those larger capital engagements in NOHO and then took this experience on into TDSIN and some other WH corps. During my time in TDSIN, became the primary EU FC and was regularly running fleets (to the point where I actually burnt myself out running 1-2 ops a day, 7 days a week).

Can you fly a mainbox carrier? (Can be on toon other than main but must be able to fly dread on some other account)
Yes+
No

Do you have HAC 5?
Yes+
No

Do you have recon 5?
Yes+
No

Do you have all cruisers 5 incl T2 weapons? (If not which ones)
Yes+
No

Do you have Trig destroyer/cruiser trained (and T2 guns)?
Yes+
No

Do you have all battleships 5 incl T2 weapons? (if not which ones)
Yes
No-

Missing Trig and Edencom. Trig BS 4 complete in 6 days (in blank clone) - Then going for T2 large guns for that.

Haven’t invested any training in Edencom.

Do you have a FAX alt?
Yes
No-

Do you have a super alt?
Yes
No-

Do you have a titan alt?
Yes
No-

Have you applied your Characters on the HR Tool https://auth.weformvolta.com/?
Yes+
No

Do you have any useful spies? (please do not post any info here)
No

Are you offended by common shittalk like calling someone gay, retarded, etc? (nothing over the top)
Yes
No+

Link a zkill kill you are part of and think was cool. Why was it cool?

This fight was genuinely my first experience FC-ing a large scale engagement in WH space. I was one of the active players in the morning, and was first to make “contact” with the initial TDSIN fleet, pinged to form and started getting folks together, ready to hand over to an experienced FC once they jumped on.

Xtrah logged in and asked if I wanted to have a crack at taking the fleet, and he’d back me up if I needed it and take over if things really went wrong, so was handy having that backseat.

Took the initial fight with TDSIN and came out victorious, and then local flashed from SSC asking if we were sticking around for another fight. This point I asked if Xtrah / the main NOHO FC’s wanted to take over, and they said they were comfortable for me to continue if I wanted to. Decided to try my hand at the larger scale fight, and the rest is history! May also recognise the clip ended up in the This Is Eve video which was an equally cool and proud moment.

Please link a fit that you think is good for small gang nano (can be text copy paste or zkill link)

I appreciate this is a cookie cutter NOMEN fit, but had a lot of fun and success with it over the years.

Older fit, again, pretty standard Orth fit - but did it’s job of ripping small things to shreds whilst out on roams. Loved this ship with a snake set.

You have tackled a super ratting in an anomaly 10+ jumps from the fleet, how do you attempt to keep your dictor alive and ensure tackle on the super for long enough for the fleet to come? (10+ minutes)

Drop bubble ensuring that super is within the bubble but also keeping the probe more than 8km from the hull to avoid it being SB-ed.

Create ongrid pings by warping to nearby celestial (or ideally dropping a close BM whilst warping into the anom with the super in it).

Bubbles > ping > cloak > repeat

(meanwhile burning 2nd toon over like a bat out of hell in a second dictor to help keep tackle and hope you folks can haul ass)

What size shoe are you?

UK - 14
US - 15
EU - 49

Easier and cheaper just to wear they boxes they come in…

DAMN son, those are some boats

Now, do you think you could choke a horse to sleep? If you have it’s back already?

Tell me about it.

What kind of horse we talking? Shetland pony, any day

Mustang - probably not so much

If you were an inch deep in your mum and your dad was an inch deep in you, would you move forwards or backwards to get out of it?

I grew up in Norfolk, England, this is just standard family bonding time…

1 Like

+1 from me, get this man an invite

2 Likes

Confirming vouch. Good fellow.