L V0LTA Application

Do your parents know you’re gay?
Yes
No+ Sorry, only my wife knows that secret.

Do you have a vouch?
Yes+
No

Do you have a T2 siege dread alt with JDCV?
Yes+
No

Do you have a dictor alt? (Can be same account as dread alt etc)
Yes+
No

Do you have Logi 5?
Yes+
No

If you answered NO to any of the above, please refrain from applying unless you were explicitly told to do so anyway by a director.

Link your zkillboard and the zkillboard of all characters you are applying to corp with (do not need every single alt that you own only ones joining the main alliance)

• Liol | main pvp toon (kb is a little bit thin in recent weeks due to being away on vacation most of July)
  • Jazzbot | cap/dictor alt
  • Ziana Quai | logi alt

Why do you want to join?
I miss being in a corp that have both their own content on a smaller scale, while also being part of a not too large alliance with strategic objectives. Also I aspire to be in a corp on the higher end of the bell curve that flies a bit more spicy doctrines than just HACs for fleets and cheap cruisers on roams.

v0lta has a good reputation and I hear good things about the content you generate through friends I know in the corp. I’ve also enjoyed being in “Project v0lta” and figured, why not do this properly…

What Timezone are you? (EU, US, AU)
EU

Who is your vouch?
White 0rchid

Tell us anything about yourself irl that you find appropriate (e.g. work full time, in late 20s, university student, etc)
In real life I’m a developer, but in recent years I’ve worked as a manager and traded coding for meetings, Outlook and Excel. I’m 43 years old, married and have kids. EVE is therefore a nice escape from a hectic RL. Working from home 2-3 days a week also gives me some flexibility during daytime for EVE.

Tell us about your history in Eve
My history in EVE started back in 2002 while the game was still in beta so my story with EVE is a bit long. I originally joined up with a group of friends from a gaming community. We did a lot of exploring in null and the early alliances before we ended up in Tribute and Morsus Mihi.

In 2005 I joined ISD as a volunteer for CCP and stayed there for almost 10 years. This became my main activity in EVE. First with the old event team Aurora, and when that got shut down after the t20 scandal, I joined the ISD bug hunter crew. Ended up as the leader of that ISD division after some years, got a few free trips to Fanfest and got to know lots of cool players and devs, until I burned out and quit both ISD and EVE in 2013.

After winning EVE for a number of years I got the itch again in October 2019 and resubbed. I joined Red vs Blue for a while and did FW with them, relearning the game. In February 2020 I joined Sniggwaffe and continued my learning experience. Waffles was a great place to be, lots of exciting content from small gang roams to more strategic objectives on our own. We were a tight knit bunch with many talented players and FCs and managed to punch way above our weight class through dedication while still having fun. When not pushing F1 I made myself useful as a recon/scout and doing logistics for the corp.

Waffles as a EVE corp more or less died in April/May 2021 and instead we became a tournament corp. I got to do lots of skrims and fly in several tournaments with Waffles. Alliance Open in 2020, Anger Games in 2021 and then then the latest AT in November. Despite our low member count we got some decent results in both AG and the AT.

After we pulled out of the latest AG tournament this spring, I found out that I had to stop being lazy and find a new corp since I didn’t feel that I was quite done with the game yet.

I joined, and still am in, CAPF since they in the past have been a decent content generator. It seems like a nice corp, but almost all of the content is through BL0B. I joined in early June before going on vacation most of July and this trend and lack of corp content seems to continue and this is why I’m applying here.

As an income source I do hauling for Red/Black Frog.

Can you fly a mainbox carrier? (Can be on toon other than main but must be able to fly dread on some other account)
Yes+
No

Do you have HAC 5?
Yes+
No

Do you have recon 5?
Yes+
No

Do you have all cruisers 5 incl T2 weapons? (If not which ones)
Yes+
No

Do you have Trig destroyer/cruiser trained (and T2 guns)?
Yes+
No

Do you have all battleships 5 incl T2 weapons? (if not which ones)
Yes+
No

Do you have a FAX alt?
Yes+
No

Do you have a super alt?
Yes+
No

Do you have a titan alt?
Yes
No+

Have you applied your Characters on the HR Tool https://auth.weformvolta.com/?
Yes+
No

Do you have any useful spies? (please do not post any info here)
Not really

Are you offended by common shittalk like calling someone gay, retarded, etc? (nothing over the top)
Yes
No+

Link a zkill kill you are part of and think was cool. Why was it cool?

Posting not a single kill, but a really nice fight a while ago with Waffles. We spent several days moving assets for a content timer. I got to do my share in the preparation with intel and recon work, scanning down a chain from Kinakka to Venal before the timer started (IIRC we didn’t end up using my route) and having eyes in the staging system for the hostiles, providing intel about fleet comp and numbers when they started forming and undocking. In the end we won the fight against an opponent that was superior to us in numbers and recourse, all thanks to good preparation and that everyone did their part.

Why this example? Well, this represents the peak EVE experience for me, where a small group can win a nice fleet fight and I get to do my part with more than just pushing F1, and in the end staying up until after 3 AM at my time with a bunch of guys I consider friends. Hoping for more experiences like this!

Please link a fit that you think is good for small gang nano (can be text copy paste or zkill link)
All nano small gangs would benefit from having a ship like this. A fast and cowardly cerb that can pull range, do decent damage and obliterate any small tackle on the grid.

[Cerberus, Max coward]

Assault Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
EM Shield Hardener II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Warrior II x3

Scourge Fury Light Missile x1500
Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x1860

Nanite Repair Paste x150
Agency ‘Overclocker’ SB5 Dose II x2
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB5 Dose II x2

You have tackled a super ratting in an anomaly 10+ jumps from the fleet, how do you attempt to keep your dictor alive and ensure tackle on the super for long enough for the fleet to come? (10+ minutes)
I’ve done my share of hunting in both Bombers Bar and Waffles, but not been in this situation with a dictor (I’m usually in a cyno cov ops or T3C when hunting). However, I guess the trick would be to make use of your cloak while coasting out of your own bubble and warp in and out with as many bookmarks as is needed and making sure the super is bubbled at all times. Avoid getting targeted and pray you don’t get unlucky and that you manage stay alive and bubbling until the cavalry arrives.

I confirm my vouch for Liol.

He is a genuine, trustworthy guy and was one of the most useful members of Waffles before the corp faded away (rest in piece)

Apologies for taking 2 days to get back to you, i’ve pinged it out to our corp earlier today and there has been no opposition to this.

Solid app and solid vouch. I will go through your characters on the auth now and get back to you.