AlexKent application

Do you have a vouch?

Yes
No + (but i’m already in alliance and joining your fleets)

Do you meet the VOLTA Requirments? (V0LTA Requirements (Turnur Edition) 1)

Yes
No + (cannot do carrier + dread multiboxing atm but is being adressed details below)

If you answered NO to any of the above, please refrain from applying unless you were explicitly told to do so anyway by a director.

I was told to make a post.

Link your zkillboard and the zkillboard of all characters you are applying to corp with (do not need every single alt that you own only ones joining the main alliance)

I have 2 accounts, each one has a main pilot 175m+ sp, one is cap focused up tot titan, the other is subcap focused; both are cross-training to be able to dual box 2 of anything. On each account i am training an extra character (50-60m sp each) for caps, cynos and other utility. When these alts are trained i plan to transfer them to a third account and that should solve all possible issues and allow me to triple box 3 proper ships.

This is my subcap pilot:

This is my cap pilot:

Why do you want to join?

I’m having a blast so far in my new Turnur home and my current corp is looking for a change in direction so i need to find a new family to adopt me.

What Timezone are you? (EU, US, AU)

My main tz is EU 17.00-22.00 eve time. Sometimes i work from home and i can do stuff in AU timezone but it’s inconsistent.

Who is your vouch?

I don’t have a vouch but i am playing with you guys currently under Duty banner. Thinking if i’m good enough now i can only get better in the future.

Tell us anything about yourself irl that you find appropriate (e.g. work full time, in late 20s, university student, etc)

40+ old fart with a full time job and full time family who enjoys blowing up spaceships when the day ends. Sometimes work from home, sometimes i go on work trips up to a week, i usually find plenty of time for eve in EU timezone.

Tell us about your history in Eve ( Can be brief, i dont care about the time you went an did a lvl 4 mission)

Started 2009, been a nullsec player in goons or goon related alliances for the most part of my eve career. I enjoyed the old wars from fighting Test in Fountain, Halloween war, to being evicted from Deklein and then conquering Delve when the rorqual era started. And then because the universe was quiet and i refuse to mine and industry and my real life was very busy, i won.

Fast forward december 2021, i am home in pandemic lockdown watching eve war on twitch during the M2 battle, i remember i have a super and stuff left somewhere in that region, so i came up with the perfect plan: Sub for a month, lose everything i ever had asset wise, have some fun, waste some time, get a nice closure for my eve career. Failed miserably.

June 2023, i am already hating everything about how eve universe is evolving, i have zero desire to be part of any nullblock, i can’t hunt and blops with my friends cause there’s nowhere to go but Horde, i can’t filament without landing in blue space 4/5 times. I liquidate everything, say my goodbyes and quit. This time was supposed to be “for good”, trust.

Havoc releases in november, ccp gives 7 days free omega, friends keep bugging me to do some blopsing, i give in for a “quick spin”. And i’m hooked. Again. The seven days are almost over and i start looking for options; I join Duty and i re-sub my accounts. The content is very nice, i’m having fun, the timezone fits perfectly, i can balance it with my rl, finally in the happy spot. I buy the doctrines, i am excited to not have to fly t2 garbage fits, can finally use my clones.

First corp meeting i hear some sad news, if i want to stay in V0lta i need to find a new corp. Here i am.

Can you fly a mainbox carrier? (Can be on toon other than main but must be able to fly dread on some other account)

Yes
No X (explained above)

Do you have HAC 5?

Yes X
No

Do you have recon 5?

Yes X
No

Do you have all cruisers 5 incl T2 weapons? (If not which ones)

Yes X
No

Do you have Trig destroyer/cruiser trained (and T2 guns)?

Yes X
No

Do you have all battleships 5 incl T2 weapons? (if not which ones)

Yes X
No

Do you have a FAX alt?

Yes X
No

Do you have a super alt?

Yes X
No

Do you have a titan alt?

Yes X
No

Have you applied ALL your Characters tokens on the HR Tool https://auth.weformvolta.com/ 7 ?
Failing to do this will auto reject your application as you cannot follow clear instructions we already have Kinsy for this

Yes X
No

Do you have any useful spies? (please do not post any info here)

No, i don’t meta game, i just want to shoot spaceships.

Are you offended by common shittalk using internet words? (nothing over the top, however some spicey words are occasionally said.)

Yes
No X

Link a zkill kill you are part of and think was cool. Why was it cool?

After re-joining eve during the big war and failing to lose all my stuff i setup on a solo camping trip to Catch in order to camp former Brave stager GE-. I sneak in a bunch of bombers, hecates and metric ton of anchorable bubbles and i go to work. I mostly kill cynos and brawl the remaining locals trying to catch various freighters and industrials moving ships from one structure to the other. I also setup enough anchored bubbles to make everyone look twice before warping, they shoot them and before they undock i already re-anchored. I manage to catch this dude in a small 50km of the keepstar, i go to work in my hecate and the bomber while screaming for help, init dude in local notices and calls his friends for the killing blow. Was happy, hard work paid out.

This was an opportunistic tackle on a jb, we struggled to break it with the little dps we had on our roaming gang, almost burned my gun shooting occult, he died just as 20 xix dudes jumped through the bridge and chased us for 15 systems before giving up. Such a rush.

Also this garbage - 3 bombers and a dream, chasing a gating widow from c4c; lmao.

Please link a fit that you think is good for small gang nano (can be text copy paste or zkill link)

Vedmak is so good and versatile.

[Vedmak, *Simulated Vedmak Fitting]
Abyssal Entropic Radiation Sink
Abyssal Entropic Radiation Sink
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Corelum C-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Federation Navy 800mm Steel Plates

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor

Veles Heavy Entropic Disintegrator
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

You have tackled a super ratting in an anomaly 10+ jumps from the fleet, how do you attempt to keep your dictor alive and ensure tackle on the super for long enough for the fleet to come? (10+ minutes)

Bubble outside smartbomb range at 10-12km from the super in the direction the super is alligning, cloak if i don’t get targeted, warp out if i do get targeted. Make bookmark on the bubble spot, observe if the super is moving, has fighters out, the speed, its allignment. Make sure fresh bubble is out warp out towards the allignment point of the super or nearby closest celestial (or to a bm i made on initial warp in wich i probably forgot to do), warp back in (doing a proxy warpout bm this time), bubble 1-3 times depending on situation, drift and cloak or warpout.

Might consider using surgical probes for extended timer if i have them in cargo and the super is mostly immobile without any visible smartbombing going on, in this case i would probably launch all 3 around the super. Also might use these if the system is getting crowded and i am gonna die on warp in as a best chance to keep it tackled for as long as possible.